PortalForum Dealer/ Manufacturer/ Parts Vendor Info Vendor Forum Engine Fire Detection/Suppression

Summer Seminar Information

Engine Fire Detection/Suppression

a place for vendors to post product updates, product service bulletins,
product line updates and etc

Moderators: jason, harlanpudneyjr

Mitchbrown User avatar

Hello to everyone.

As a new member, I want to thank everyone that took the time to introduce me to your organization and this forum.

With the many debates regarding engine fire suppression, my goal is to provide you with a contact within this industry having a vast mechanical knowledge and fire suppression experience.

I would like to post documents regarding Fire Suppression on Bus engines.....

Taken from July 1999: New York State Department of transportation Bus & Passenger Vehicle Regulations:

21-i. (a) (1) Every school bus manufactured on or after January first,nineteen hundred ninety, fueled with other than diesel fuel and used to
transport three or more students who use wheelchairs or other assistive mobility devices or with a total capacity of more than eight passengers
and used to transport students who use wheelchairs or other assistive mobility devices shall be equipped with an engine fire suppression
system.

(2) Every school bus manufactured for use in this state on or after September first, two thousand seven fueled with diesel fuel and used to
transport three or more students who use wheelchairs or other assistive mobility devices or with a total capacity of more than eight passengers
and used to transport students who use wheelchairs or other assistive mobility devices shall be equipped with an engine fire suppression
system.

(b) The commissioner of the department of transportation shall promulgate rules and regulations establishing standards for the use of
engine fire suppression systems on school buses used to transport students who use wheelchairs or other assistive mobility devices.

section 720.4 (DD) Engine fire Warning/Protection Device.

All Vehicles fueled with other than diesel fuel with the engine located with the engine located to the rear of the Driver's seat shall be equipped with either an automatic signaling device to warn the driver of a fire in the engine section or an automatic fire extinguishing device or both, which shall operate whenever the temperature in the engine section reaches 350 degrees F.

In addition, I have more info for your review. Please feel free to email me if you have question as to what Firetrace International manufactures to comply with this regulation. I would like to help in any way I can.

A very Happy New Year to everyone.

Sincerely.

Mitch Brown CET
480-532-3583
mbrown@firetrace.com

Return to Vendor Forum